Back in March, our physical studio doors closed along with most other businesses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we quickly adapted to offering an online schedule of wonderful live-streamed classes through Zoom. As we continue to stream virtually (and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon!), we have also decided to slowly reopen our physical studio space. We understand the therapeutic value that being in community for practice can hold and have been developing careful procedures to offer the safest experience that we are able to. Currently, we are offering one class in the studio each day in addition to continuing our great schedule of virtual classes. (You can see our full current schedule by clicking here.) These classes are held separately from one another, so the live classes are not streamed online and vice versa. This is an effort to provide you with quality and attention regardless of how you choose to practice. We are so grateful for our community who has been with us navigating this new landscape! If you do have an interest in attending a live class with us, here are a few things you can expect:
- Pre-register for class! This saves your spot as we are running at limited capacity. The studio can hold up to 10 students for practice with social distancing. Also, in the event of an unforeseen cancelation, everyone can be notified as soon as possible.
- Masks will be required for the entire time you are inside of Yoga Refuge. Thank you for keeping it on! We will have disposable masks available if you’d prefer.
- Temperature check at the door – please refrain from coming to class if you have a temperature above 100.4°F
- Confirm you have not had any symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea. Additionally, please wait until you are symptom-free for at least 3 days without medication before returning to class. Please wait 14 days before coming to class if you have contracted COVID-19 or suspect you have had exposure to someone who has. Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe!
Once you’re inside the studio….
- Designated spaces are marked on the studio floor to place your mat. This will ensure 6′ between you and the other students in the class. The shelves have also been placed throughout the room to store your personal belongings on the one nearest your mat space.
- Props: We strongly encourage you to bring your own props for class! However, since this isn’t always accessible, we will still be providing optional props for use at the studio. The teacher will have the props ready and available in the teacher area; this will prevent students from clustering in the prop room. We are also providing ‘barriers’ (towels and pillowcases) to use with the props – use these as you wish during practice, and drop them in the laundry basket when you leave. Please wipe down props with provided alcohol-based cleaner and towels after use. Alternatively, we offer a retail section with a variety of props if you’d prefer to purchase your own.
- Air circulation: We’ll be using a combination of opening the windows, fans from the heating/cooling system, and air purifiers to help with airflow as much as possible. We have several air purifiers in the space, with True HEPA filter and UV-C lights.
- After class ends, the teacher will open both studio doors to allow for multiple exit points. Try to be patient as everyone exits the studio and be sure to maintain your distance. Please avoid congregating in the lobby area to allow everyone to move through easily.
A few more things to note:
- We’ve increased our cleaning capacity. Touchpoints are sanitized after each class and floors are steam-cleaned multiple times weekly.
- Please bring your own water bottle as unfortunately, we are not able to provide water refills at this time. We do offer bottled water and sparkling water for purchase if needed.
If you find yourself with lingering questions about any part of this process, we welcome you to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org! We are always happy to respond to any inquiries you may have. We look forward to seeing you in class soon!
If you’re new to our studio, you might check out our Welcome Special! (30 days of unlimited yoga for only $39)